Time out with nollywood script-writer, actor and producer...Lateef Titilope

 i had swell time with nollywood act Lateef Titilope aka Alfa wizkid, guess what! he shared with me in this brief interview about himself, love-life and his new flick that got nominated
in some big awards locally and internationally including BON AWARD....ENJOY



How did you got trained into movies productions and scripting?

I was trained ten years ago by my boss, Aare Isiak Towoshe, popularly known as logudu

Why have you choosen this field?

I choose movies production as a career because of my love for it, entertainment is my passion

An insight into your Background?

I'm Lateef Titilope, popularly known as Itakuri or alfa Wizkid, I was born into the family of late Mr & Mrs Ashimiyu Akanji, from Oyo state, they died many years ago while I was still very young.

Did your parent gave you the adeqate support?

Sure they did, especially my father, until his death, he was always there for me as a father, my mother didn't know much about my involvement in movies, so I will say they gave supported me.

How has it been since you started, what has been the challenges so far?

To be candid with you, every industry has its challenges, talking about the movie industry which is also my field, there are different kinds of challenges, if you are not patience and prayerful enough. You will get discourage and give up easily, most of started from the bottom, thank God for today, its all about determination and hard-work plus fervent prayers

Let's talk about the writing(SCRIPT) aspect of you, what inspires you and what does it takes to put up a good story?




As for me, its takes a whole lot to put up a good story, the major is inspiration from God, talking about what inspired me into writing script, you see, I'm a proudly yoruba, I so respect, honored and appreciate our (THE YORUBA's) culture.
I believe I can express myself better in my mother's tongue (YORUBA), also I was born in Oyo state and Oyo state is known for the most understand and practised yoruba language, the truth is that I love to express myself in my language(YORUBA)

List the names you have worked with in the industry?

I have worked with so many acts, I have worked with my boss, Adebayo Salami, Femi Adebayo, Abey Lanre, also my boss, Muyiwa Ademola, Faithia Balogun, Yinka Qaudri, Taiwo Hassan, Ronke Ojo, etc

Give us names of some of these work(MOVIES)?

Can't remember all, but will list few, Kamilu kompo, by Adekola Tijani Aina Orosun by Olaniyi Afonja, Muiniru ati Ambali by Tayo Amokande, Eru ni baba, ono lo jin by Alhaji Yinka Qaudri, Kujenra by Funke Akindele, Layelorun by Muyiwa Ademola, Somto Alapata by Femi Adebayo, the list is endless

When did you produced your first film and how was it?

I thank God, it was a success, so I really give glory to God, I actually produced my first film in 2010. Its titled Sobidayo, written & produced by myself. Its feautured top nollywood acts such as Peju Ogunmola, Muyiwa Ademola, Adebayo Tijani, myself Titlope Lateef, Afeeze Eniola etc.

Let's talk about your recent movie which got you BON nominations and all?

Its a traditional movie, written & produced by myself, Titilope Lateef Ashimiyu, I felt very happy when the notice of the nomination reached me. I wasn't expecting it, though I knew its was a good job, its titled "IFA IWA" its a story that talks about culture and human behaviour in general, GOOD MORALS.

How was it putting "IFA IWA" together and what did you think qualified it for BON nomination?

First of all, I give all glory to God, because, I went through a lot putting the movie togther. Some of which I had to do some research, scout for some specific and unique locations, I was faced with some difficult challenges, but I thank God for putting the devil to shame, talking about what motivated BON to nominate "IFA IWA" I think they saw something in the movie, creativity, hard-work and more, for your information, IFA IWA also got nominations from London.

Give us more details of your London nominations and others?

"IFA IWA" got three nominations in London in ZAAFA GLOBAL AWARD, for BEST INDIGENOUS ACTOR, BEST LEAD ACTRESS INDIGENOUS and BEST INDIGENOUS MOVIE, while it got ten nominations in BON AWARD, I feel very happy for my movie to be nominated, and the most exciting one is that, mysef and my first son was nominated too, he was nominated as BEST CHILD ACTOR and I was nominated as BEST PROMISING ACTOR, I am overwelm with joy that my work(MOVIE) got nominated, I believe by God's grace, I will do better for my fans

Talking about your son, that means you are married?

Yes, I was married with three kids, I got married in 1999, but I lost my wife to the cold hands of death, I pray God to give her eternal rest

What do you think is the biggest challenge nollywood presently?

Piracy! That's the major and the biggest, though, there are many of them, but the major one is PIRACY, the government which includes you and I, the community and society needs to intervene, a full and constitutional support is needed to eradicate Piracy. Piracy is killing nollywood






Words of encouragement to up and coming acts who wanna be like Lateef Titilope?

Well, its good to look up to someone as a role model, but you see, the truth is that one of the surest way to success is to be one self. You have to be yourself to excel in anything you want to do, my words of encouragement to up and coming acts is to be work hard and keep praying

Final words to your fans?

They should keep buying and supporting my works(MOVIES) I love them so much, I am really grateful for their support, if not for my fans, I wouldn't be where I am today, I still need their support to go higher. And I also want to say a big thanks to my fiance and my best friend Badmus Nofisat Omodasola for her love and support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Ndionyenma Led Thugs to Demolish Millions of Property In Abia Community And What The Police Must do

Project Lead Africa Unveils Theme, Announce 2022 Leadership Excellence And Dignity Awards

Alleged N4.8bn Fraud: Court Adjourns Cletus Ibeto’s Case till Apr 15