5 minutes with nollywood act, Olaitan Omowunmi


Olaitan Omowunmi
Olaitan Omowunmi & Dayo Amusa

Nollywood actress cum producer shares her experience as an actress, producer and growing up in an exclusive interview with Abiola Alaba Peters....Enjoy

Can we meet you?

My name is Olaitan Omowunmi, I'm an actress and a
producer. I'm also a proud member of Association of Nigeria Theater practitioner.

What is acting to you or better still how do you feel been an actress?

While I was young, I fell in love with movies, the actors and actress, I have always love to be on the screen to use my God given talent(acting) to touch lives. I could remember after secondary school days, I will sneak to Cinema(National Theater) to watch movies, acting for me is a part of my life.

How did it all started?

A big thanks to a friend and a sister, Tayo Odueke aka Sikiratu Sindodo. She introduced me to the industry sometime around 2000. I started going to Locations with her, learning the rudiments of theater act, from there, producers and directors saw the potentials in me and they started offering me roles in movies and soaps. Today, to God be the glory

How many movies have you featured?

I have featured in many movies, over 25 movies, the few I can remember their titles are, Orogun Omo, Ewa by Faithia Balogun, my daddy, Ase, Oju Inu, etc.

How many movies have you produced?

Well, to me credit, I have produced over 10 movies, some of which are: Olorun lose, Majeobaje, Ore Olorun, Temiyemi and many more.

What's new from Olaitan Omowunmi?

Presently, I'm working on my new flick, which I can authoritatively tell my fans all over the world that, its going to be a blockbuster, something new, they have never seen from me before, which is also set to take nollywood to another whole level...its a total package to entertain and educate everyone living being out there.

Let us into the story and its title?

Nah...sorry I won't be able to do that because its is still in the kitchen. But trust me, when its time, you'd be the first to know.

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

(Inhale) I want to be a successful actress cum producer, and most especially a role model to my generation and to up and coming actors and actress out there.

Tell us about your love life?

(Laughs) I like that to be private...I'm sorry!

How does it feel been an actress and what are the challenges?

Life as an actress is good, only if you know what you want in the industry, don't bite more than you can chew

What's your take on SEXUAL HARASSMENT in the industry?

I don't think I have anything to say about that, maybe, its because I haven't experience it. I'm a very friendly and social person. But still, I respect myself and others.

Your final words to your fans and to up and coming actors and actresses who looks up to you as a role model?

To the up and coming actors and actresses, they should keep their head up high, stay focus, determine and prayerful and to my fans, thanks and God bless you for supporting me all the way, keep loving me movies, I promise never to let them down, I love you all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Ndionyenma Led Thugs to Demolish Millions of Property In Abia Community And What The Police Must do

Project Lead Africa Unveils Theme, Announce 2022 Leadership Excellence And Dignity Awards

Alleged N4.8bn Fraud: Court Adjourns Cletus Ibeto’s Case till Apr 15