15 Minutes with Award winning nollywood actor...Ola Sarumi



 OLa Sarumi tells it all about his hustle, passion, ladies and some of his new movies
to watch out for in 2014....ENJOY


Can we meet you?

I'm Ola Sarumi, a nollywood practioner, an actor cum producer, born and bred in Lagos.

Let us into your background?

I'm the last of the family of six, two girls and four boys. I'm a lagosian, born to Alhaji & Alhaja Sarumi. My mother is from Ogun state while my father is a Lagosian, so am half Ogun state, half Lagos(laughs)




How did you journey into nollywood?

Yeah, I joined the yoruba movie industy six to seven years ago. I started as an apprentice with a very popular cancus called ODUNFA, from there after receiving several training, I started going to locations, and here I am today. A big thanks to God and my fans.

Who exactly would you say supported you or probably that groomed you into been an actor, since you started as an apprentice?

A lot of them actually, Yinka Quadri, Taiwo Hassan, Abby Lanre, Kehinde Adeyemi and many others that supported and shaped me into who I am today in the industry during my apprenticeship




Amongst all other professions, why acting?

Well, I will say I choose to do movies because its a part of my life, acting is a passion for me, Its something I find doing very well. More importantly, I felt I could offend my country and the entire world the best of me through movies.

What was the challenges when you first came into the industry?

There were many challenges, but I didn't allow them distract or discourage me. Some of those were the issue of disregard, most people disregard you and even feel you are lazy, some feel you aren't call to do what you wanna do, some just wanna bring you down by all cost, but you see, when you are called to do something, God will surely stand and see you through that thing, that's just it. If not for God, I wouldn't be where I am today






List of recent films you featured and the name of their producers

Wow...many of them, but I will try to remember few, Oba Adegboro Sunny Ali, Ireti Oseyitan by Sunny Ali, Latorunwa by Bisi Komolafe, Ojo Aje by Abbey Lanre, Alaye Oro by Taiwo Hassan, Olorun Wa by Kehinde Adeyemi and many more

Tell us more about your recently produced movie "OKE"

Oke is a movie everyone should watchout for, its an educative and informative movies. I featured Laide Bakare, Mercy Aigbe, Funsho Adeolu, myself Ola Sarumi and many others, directed by Lekan Oropo


How do you relate with your female fans?


Hmmm....well, the ladies has been wonderful, i appreciate it when they show me love. but i always try as much as possible to respect  them by keeping it mutual

Your worst moment?

My worst moment was when the industry lost one of its very best and young growing act, Bisi Komolafe. She was a great person and a blessing to nollywood, but God knows best

Your best moment?

When I first produced my first movie, "TORIOLA" it was a big success for me even though the sales was discouraging






What do you consider as the worst or big challenge for nollywood?

PIRACY! Its so unfortunate we are in a country where the government careless about crime at all level, piracy is killing each and everyone of us in Nigeria, weather we like it or not, its affecting everyone and until the government is ready to join in the fight. I am afraid, but I'm trusting God

What do you have to say to up and coming actors and actresses?

I want them to know the industry is not all about God-fatherisim. Its all about hard-works and prayers. You have to be very focus and determine too, with that, you will surely get there

And to your fans?

They should keep supporting and appreciating nollywood by helping us in the fight against piracy, they have been doing that and we appreciate them, Ola Surmi loves you all. Thanks

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Ndionyenma Led Thugs to Demolish Millions of Property In Abia Community And What The Police Must do

Project Lead Africa Unveils Theme, Announce 2022 Leadership Excellence And Dignity Awards

Alleged N4.8bn Fraud: Court Adjourns Cletus Ibeto’s Case till Apr 15