Skip to main content

Exclusive interview with MTN anbassador Hafiz Oyetoro aka Saka...Words by Abiola Alaba Peters

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Is Hafiz Oyetoro aka Saka unhappy at his newfound fame? Or is he acting a script prompted by his controversial switch of loyalty?Abiola Alaba Peters took the question to to him at ace nollywood film producer's office in Ikeja, Lagos Saka declines comments on all of that, but speaks about himself as he has never done before…
 
An insight into your background sir?

My name is Hafiz Oyetoro, am from Iseyin, Oyo state, I had my primary and secondary school education in Oyo state, then from there I moved to university of ife for a degree in dramatic arts, after that I went to university of Ibadan for my masters in African studies, I did my post graduate degree in education at the Lagos state university, presently, I am running a Phd program with university of ife in institute of African studies. Am a theater practioner, I lecture at Adeniran Ogunsanya College of education, am married with 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl in between *laughs


What inspires into theatre?

God, I believe he gave me the gift, he has has been there, everybody has a gift, a vision, I want to thank God for giving me the grace and urge in pursuing it, I pray its becomes big and better that this in the nearest future

How would you describe the present state of the Nigeria film industry?

Its improving, just last year or so, Nigerian became one of the largest film makers in the world, though, we have some challenges, I believe God will help us to overcome and take over as hollywood and others, but trust we are getting there
 
What are the challenges you think the Nigeria film industry is facing?

Challenges of piracy, facilities, inadequate resources, economic, and insecurity, people are not living well as they suppose to leave, its only when you are comfortable and you have surplus, then you can go for pleasure, another, thank God, the government are beginning to intervene, though, its not been easy accessing the funds

Hafiz Oyetoro of yesterday compare to the Hafiz Oyetoro of today?

Well, I only need to thank God, like I told you, I thank God for giving me the grace, I thank God for the development, some years back, I was a graduate looking for jobs and what I will do, but today, I have passed that, I am not a lecturer, am time passes by, I get promoted, I believe its just a natural thing


How have you been coping lecturing and acting?

I am a teacher of theater act, I practice what I teach, I am not an out-going person, when I go out, I don't do any other thing aside what I have beeb trained to do, then I also have the grace of being under the supervision of an employer who seek the employee's progress and development, Adeniran Ogunsanya college of education, where I teach is a school with good management, they want me to go for seminars and courses in and out the shore of the country, when am not around, my wife is there to take care of the home, she's very loving, caring and understanding, she's my best friend, a good mother to my children, she has turn ordinary house to my home

What's your words of advice to those growing up?

I will advice them to be patience, hard-working, and to put God first, then all will be well with them
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Ndionyenma Led Thugs to Demolish Millions of Property In Abia Community And What The Police Must do

Project Lead Africa Unveils Theme, Announce 2022 Leadership Excellence And Dignity Awards

Alleged N4.8bn Fraud: Court Adjourns Cletus Ibeto’s Case till Apr 15